According to the Interactive Advertising Bureau, U.S. digital ad revenue grew by more than 20% last year, to $72.5 billion. Facebook and Google together accounted for the vast majority of that growth. In response, publishers have layered more advertisements onto their pages, but the continued reliance on advertising only highlights their vulnerabilities.
The reader response should surprise no one: consumers of digital media are increasingly turning to ad blockers. In 2014, 15.7% of internet users were using ad blockers. But by 2017, that number had doubled, to 32%, further imperiling publishers' revenue streams.
Publishers have had access to the solution to this problem for some time, but are only now learning to leverage it: first-party data. In this whitepaper, we're giving you the tools to deepen your brand's relationship with readers and lay out new monetization methods utilizing your first-party data.
Download this whitepaper and discover insights that will help digital publishers:
- Develop owned channels and owned audiences by building a loyal readership
- Develop new products that readers want and will pay for
- Deliver a better, more targeted audience to advertisers
- Sustain relationships with readers by transitioning them to subscription models
- The importance of first-party data
- User experience best practices
- Personalization for media enterprises
- Converting readers to paid subscriptions
- Growing and refining advertising revenues